Brentford Festival at Blondin Park
Sunday 2nd September 2018 12.00pm - 6.00pm
Important notice to caterers
This includes those stall-holders preparing and serving food
You are responsible for knowing and complying with the relevant legal requirements for all health and safety aspects applicable to your activities, in particular:
Those cooking and preparing the food must hold a Basic Food Hygiene certificate obtained within the last three years. (This should be accessible for inspection on the day)
Those serving the food will need to be aware of personal hygiene and food safety issues, including serving temperature control.
- Each caterer should identify and control any potential food and health and safety hazards.
- All food handlers must wear clean, washable, protective over-clothing e.g. white coats plus head covering and must maintain a high level of personal hygiene.
- Each caterer should supply facilities for hand washing, including anti-bacterial hand wash and disposable paper towels. It is to be noted that there is no running water on site which means that you will need to be self sufficient.
- Ensure that the surfaces and equipment used for the production and sale of food are suitable and kept hygienically clean at all times.
- Ensure food is transported and stored adequately and cleanly and kept separate from any potential source of contamination.
- Each caterer is responsible for the collection and disposal of their waste. Caterers who fail to comply will be blacklisted from future events. Please note that we would prefer that all items used are recyclable for example. not polystyrene.
- Each caterer should have a first aid kit, containing sufficient waterproof plasters etc.
- Each caterer must provide the correct type of fire extinguisher and fire blanket.
- Check all electrical equipment before use which must be PATS tested. Note that site electrician can P.A.T. test for a fee and the right to prevent use of any equipment which fails.
- Hot cooking equipment must have a suitable barrier to protect the public.
- Caterers requiring electricity will need to bring their own diesel generator
- Menus and price lists must be clearly visible.
- Each caterer must have insurance to cover public, product and where applicable employers liabilities insurance.
- Any caterer cooking away from their vehicle must ensure that the ground is protected.
- If this is your first event you may wish to read the following publications available from your local council, library or HealthEducation department:
- A Guide to Food Hazards and your Business . A Guide to Food Hygiene Regulations
- A Guide to the General Temperature Control Regulations
All catering will be in the central field
3m X 3m £150
4m X 4m £200
5m X 5m £250
Larger space is available, please contact us to discuss your requirements.
Plus £30 rubbish skip contribution. (The skip will be positioned in the catering area for you to self load)
- You may enter the vehicle to site only once so please ensure that you are fully prepared with your equipment and provisions for one trip only.
- We do not provide tables, chairs or gazebos
- We do not provide electricity except for the stage and bar
- All generators are to be diesel and will need to be Health and Safety checked by the site electrician
- There is no water available on site for use by stall holders
- There will be no vehicle movement on the site after 11.00 a.m. or before 6pm. with the exception of emergency vehicles and some transport display vehicles